We present to you, the new technology from The North Face, the Futurelight™ membrane : waterproof and breathable while being ultralight, to the point where you will forget that you bring a hazmat jacket.
FUTURELIGHT™ DESIGNED TO DO ALL THE CHALLENGES
More innovative than ever, the FUTURELIGHT™ technology continue to exceed expectations and was adopted by the athletes, writers and equipment tester from the whole world.
FUTURELIGHT X SUMMIT SERIES™
The Summit Series™ range from The North Face is conceived to resist in the hardest conditions. If you want to climb a big wall, do mountaineering or to do high mountain, those are efficient clothes, for which, every detail is reflected to resist whatever the conditions.
FUTURELIGHT™ X STEEP SERIES™
Steep Series™ range from The North Face conceived for the freeride. Whatever the powder, you will be protected.
HOW THE FUTURELIGHT™ MEMBRANE IS CREATED ?
The North Face used a special method, called nanofilage, which creates nanosized fibers permitting air permeability while preserving waterproofness. This solution is used to create breathability, which will be welded to the apparent and inner layers of the fabric.
Thanks to these nanoscopic fibers, enough thin to avoid the water to enter. Our FUTURELIGHT ™ fabric achieves an exceptional level of air permeability.
However, FUTURELIGHT ™ technology impresses people with its versatility.Today, The North Face designers can adjust the weight, elasticity, breathability and durability of the clothe during the manufacturing process, to meet the athletes's needs, according their activity.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MEMBRANE
- Better breathability : the membrane is conceived with micro perforations which allow to let the air go on whitout reduce the impermeability.
- Suppleness : More thin and versatile, the Futurlight fabric has not the stiff effect that can have other protective jackets.
- Durable breathability : conceived in 3 layers, products have Futurelight technology and today, this is one of the most durable and breathable.
- Resistance : tested by many athletes of the brand, in the hardest conditions. From the top of the Everest to the first slop of Lhotse, the waterproof breathable technology was tested during more than 400 days by The North Face athletes.
- Eco-responsibility : Realized with 90% of recycled fabrics, today, it's the most ecological fabric in The North Face