The helmet is the essential equipment in many outdoor sports. Indeed, it ensures your safety and protects your head effectively. This is why it is important for you to choose it carefully, depending on the use you intend to make of it. Alpinstore offers you a selection of helmets in several models such as Petzl mountaineering helmets
A good climbing helmet must meet a number of criteria to best protect your head:
- To be in optimal shape so that it doesn't get in the way while you're climbing.
- Comfortable: The comfort of the helmet is often given too little importance.
- safe and pleasant: If your climbing helmet is too tight on your head, climbing will quickly become tiring.
- be stable. Since it may be a lifesaver, its ability to provide you with the necessary climbing safety is essential.
- be able to withstand a fall from a five-kilo weight located two meters high. This controls the ability of the climbing helmet to withstand the energy generated by such a fall. In addition, the impact resistance of the climbing helmet is tested in front, behind, and at the sides. Only when these tests are successfully completed is the climbing helmet marketed as a climbing helmet.
- have adjustments for better customization: a possibility of adjusting the length of the chin strap or a system for tightening the inner shell, most often using a knob located at the back of the helmet above the nape of the neck.
Alpinstore thus offers all types of climbing helmets, such as the best climbing helmets for men:
- Hard shell helmets: As the name suggests, these are climbing helmets with a rigid shell . Damping is done by a strap adjustment system inside the helmet.
- Helmets with foam shells often have a light weight. In the event of an impact, the foam absorbs energy in the same way as the deformable areas of cars do in an accident.
Models: Boreo, Vector, Vapor
- Hybrid helmets combine the qualities of hard shell and foam helmets. These climbing helmets have a thin rigid shell and a foam interior for better energy absorption.
Models: Sirocco, Vision, wall rider
It should be noted, however, that in the event of an impact or fall, the climbing helmet must be replaced immediately. This is the prerequisite for optimum safety!
Thanks to the best Petzl, Black Diamond, Mammut, Millet, Camp , ... Alpinstore will help you in your choice.