Alpinstore is thinking of you and offers you many pairs of ski boots for adults, but also ski boots adapted to the smallest ones. Yes, skiing is not always fun, especially when you have to put on your ski boots. But with the advice of Alpinstore, no more difficulties! We tell...
Alpinstore is thinking of you and offers you many pairs of ski boots for adults, but also ski boots adapted to the smallest ones. Yes, skiing is not always fun, especially when you have to put on your ski boots. But with the advice of Alpinstore, no more difficulties! We tell you more about ski boots ...
- Hull : represents the rigid part of the boot. Even if there are different models, the characteristics are the same (flex, width and length). The best known today, is the wallet shell, which comes with two main parts: the collar which is the upper part to tighten the leg and the shoe which is the lower part and surrounds the foot for full support.
- Chausson : represents the inner part of the ski boot. This one, which is made of foams, should give you optimal comfort because it is the part directly in contact with your foot. Namely, today, boots can be thermoformed, which consists in heating them (by professionals) so that they take the shape of your foot.
- Sole The "shoe": represents the lower part of the shoe, which is under the hoof. This part is in contact with the ground when you walk but also with your ski when you put on your shoes. The sole is classic but since a few years, it is more and more "gripwalk". This new technology allows you to walk more easily and naturally thanks to a slightly rounded shape but also to not slip when you get to less stable terrain.
- Bouclerie hooks : more often called "hooks", they allow you to tighten your ski boot according to your desires/needs. The tighter your foot is, the more it will be maintained and the more your ski will react to your movements. Often there are hooks on a ski boot: 2 on the shoe and 2 on the collar. The tightening is then complete and precise.
- Flex Flex : The flex is the stiffness index of your ski boot. The higher it is, the more difficult it will be to bend it and therefore to flex your legs. But the higher it is, the more precise it is and therefore more efficient. As you have understood, a high flex is reserved for a good level of skiing. Conversely, a low flex is ideal for beginners because the boot will be easy to handle and provides optimal comfort.
The choice of your ski boots must take into account several criteria:
- Your gender: shoe models often differ slightly between men and women even if the basic characteristics remain similar. Alpinstore therefore offers the best women's ski b oots and the best men's ski boots for all our brands!
- Your practice Depending on your practice, the model of ski boot is different. Today, there are boots specially designed for piste, allmountain, freeride or freestyle.
Piste : soft, comfortable and easy to use boots for occasional skiers. Stiffer boot for better control, for experienced skiers.
Freeride/Freerando : rigid flex and a fairly wide last. Walking mode is recommended here.
Freestyle : soft boot with heel cushioning for optimal comfort during landings.
- Your ski level Your level will mainly play on the choice of flex. As you may have read previously, the flex can be more or less rigid.
Beginner : flex between 60 and 90 for men // between 60 and 70 for women
Intermediate : flex between 90 and 110 for men // between 70 and 90 for women
Confirmed/experts : flex of 110 minimum for men // 90 minimum for women
- The width of the shoe Flex width : given in "last", it corresponds to the width of your foot, the one where it is the widest. Ranging from 92mm to 104mm, it is important to choose the right shell width because your foot must be properly supported, not forgetting that your toes must be able to move freely.
- The size of the shoe The "mondopoint": inscribed in "mondopoint", it corresponds to the length of your ski boot and more precisely to the length of your foot in cm. You will find it either on the outside of the sole or on the heel.
Dynafit, Fischer, K2, Rossignol, Scarpa or Scott you can find all our brands of ski boots on Alpinstore, you will surely find the boot that will satisfy you. .
Once your shoes are on, stand up and bend your knees. After this movement, your heel will move backwards and stick to the back of your shoe. This gives your toes space, so you don't get cold quickly. Well maintained and no compression points? Then bingo, you have the right size ski boots.