Alpinstore leaves you an important choice of climbing helmets. In fact, for the last few winter seasons we have noticed that hiking and mountaineering are sports that are being practiced more and more. Therefore, we wish to offer you quality equipment to avoid injuries whe...
Alpinstore leaves you an important choice of climbing helmets. In fact, for the last few winter seasons we have noticed that hiking and mountaineering are sports that are being practiced more and more. Therefore, we wish to offer you quality equipment to avoid injuries when you are in the high mountains.
The hiking/mountaineering helmet is an essential part of your equipment. It is not negligible in case of a bad fall! Due to regular injuries, helmets have been redesigned by the brands to come with protection on the side and back of the helmet.
If you are a fan of ski touring or mountaineering and you don't have a helmet yet but you are determined to complete your equipment for optimal protection, you have come to the right place and Alpinstore will help you choose it.
Choice of technology : Today, there are two technologies on the market today. Each one has different advantages but both are efficient for the practice of climbing, hiking and mountaineering.
- The ABS plastic shell: its main advantage is robustness. As this technology is less expensive, it is ideal for children and occasional users.
- The polycarbonate shell: this shell is known for its lightness as well as its good shock absorption. Ideal for regular practitioners.
Head circumference : important to choose your helmet, the head circumference is easily measurable. With the help of a flexible tape measure, go around your skull. Place it at the level of the forehead and go around it by passing through the bump of the back. The aim is to go to the largest part of your head.
Characteristics not to forget The hiking / mountaineering helmet is suitable for your practice if, and only if, it respects the three main characteristics:
- Support: whether it is by straps, a wheel or a notched plastic bar, the support must be perfect during your outing. Note that the adjustment system must be easy to use, especially when wearing gloves.
- Comfort: the helmet must cover your head perfectly but must not reveal compression points, which could be unpleasant.
- The vision: It must be able to be oriented upwards. Indeed, it is essential to look at what it awaits us.
You now know the main features of a climbing/mountaineering helmet so go for it. The protection of your head is the protection of your life, so don't hesitate and go for our Black Diamond, Camp, Dynafit, La Sportiva, Mammut, Scott and other helmets. Skitrab for optimum safety.