Alpinstore offers you today, a multitude of choices concerning bicycle helmets. Although this one is not obligatory for the more than 12 years old, it is necessary to see indispensable for the protection of your head. The price of this product varies and can be very high. But what makes the price of a bicycle ...
Alpinstore offers you today, a multitude of choices concerning bicycle helmets. Although this one is not obligatory for the more than 12 years old, it is necessary to see indispensable for the protection of your head. The price of this product varies and can be very high. But what makes the price of a bicycle helmet so high? We explain everything about the bike helmet and its features.
We all know that bike outings don't take 2 minutes but hours. That's why it's important that the bicycle helmet is synonymous with comfort during your outing. If we take the main points of contact it is your skull, forehead, temples and the back of your head that are affected.
Here you will find a difference in comfort between low-end and high-end helmets. The entry-level helmets often have a basic head contour, while the high-end helmets have a slimmer, more ergonomic design with antibacterial foams. As a result, the helmet is more comfortable to wear.
Tightening the bike helmet
It is essential that the bicycle helmet is correctly adjusted for optimum comfort and maximum protection. Alpinstore explains the main tightening points:
- The side straps: a system that we all know but which can positively/negatively impact the price of the bike helmet. Indeed, the tightening capacity, the thickness of the fabric or the anchorage points influence the quality.
- An occipital clamp at the back of the helmet: can be a notch or a knurled clamp. The latter allows precise adjustment.
- The chinstrap for a support under the jaw: the thinner the tightening is, the better the tightening possibilities will be.
The ventilation of the bike helmet
Cyclists can't stand the pressure cooker effect in summer. Therefore, it is essential that your bike helmet is well ventilated. The more the helmet is ventilated, the more technology is used in the technical materials used, making it more resistant during impact.
The weight of the helmet
The primary purpose of the bicycle helmet is to resist shocks. As said before, there are low end helmets that will generally be heavier because the shell is thick to be resistant. Unlike the high-end helmets, which are made with rigid foams to save weight.
It should be noted that these helmets, which are lighter, often have a significant ventilation which requires a reinforcement of the internal structure with different types of mesh.
Depending on your practice, the model of bicycle helmet may be different. On Alpinstore, there are :
- Traditional helmet: light and ventilated, this helmet is suitable for long rides as well as competition. Versatile, this bike helmet will accompany you everywhere. Here, the brand Cairn or Bollé for example offer you a wide selection.
Poc also offers some for your children. Blue, pink, green ... only bright and recognizable colours.
- Urban helmet: Suitable for all types of use, the urban bike helmet provides incredible protection with a sleek design. The brand Uvex assures you of more pleasant moments than ever.
- Mountain bike helmet: Available in several variants, the mountain bike helmet comes with many ventilation points and is often light. Covering the neck, the bike helmet offers better protection against shocks. This type of model is recommended for people who enjoy mountain rides. Go to Pocthe brand that offers you a wide range of selection.
- Downhill mountain bike helmet: this model of helmet ensures more efficient rides than ever. Thanks to its superior ventilation, its lightness, its ease of use but also and above all its optimal protection, the Coron Air Spin de Poc mountain bike helmet promises you pleasant descents, in full protection.