Choose your outfit, hiking gore tex, breathable trail t-shirt ... an important choice to ensure you practice your sport in the best conditions. Lightness, breathability, evacuation of perspiration, impermeability, comfort, warmth ... so many questions that can be asked before acquiring a product.
In recent years outdoor brands have made significant progress to enable you to acquire quality products that meet more and more demanding specifications.
Below are the criteria to consider before choosing a product:
We often talk about a 3-layer system:
- the first layer wicks away perspiration and keeps you dry. A shirt long or short sleeve function of the season and the activity
- the second: brings you warmth. A polar example
- the third: protects you against external elements such as wind / snow / rain / cold.
It is necessary to adapt its protection according to its practice and the outside temperature.
For these practices it is advisable to use several layers:
- a first merino layer
- a down jacket or jacket / sweat technique for the trail
- a waterproof / windproof protective jacket
- lightweight pants with possibly a tights
- It is important to cover the ends: gloves / neck / bonnets
In ski touring, we go rather light and we cover ourselves on the downhill or we are less active.
More passive activities:
It's cold, you spend the day with your feet in the snow, or you spend a few hours on the chairlifts, it is important to have the necessary not to catch cold:
- Warm waterproof gloves + hat and neck cover
- Waterproof and warm jacket
- Ski boots or warm boots
- Warm and waterproof winter trousers
Sport in summer:
In summer we also look for comfortable clothes to adapt to the heat:
- For trail running we will opt instead for t-shirt, shorts, breathable lightweight bikers
- The hiker will prefer clothes that will adapt to the climate: half zip pants / light protective shirts against the sun, big hat, mosquito net ... so many products adapted to the practice.
In recent years more and more labels have appeared to guarantee the quality of products:
- the technical labels: all the labels guarantee a certain technicality of the product: impermeability / breathability / drying.
- eco-responsible labels: they guarantee that your product uses recycled products with a low impact on the environment.
- fair trade labels: they guarantee respect for the working conditions of workers in the country of manufacture.
All of these criteria are not exhaustive but are intended to guide you in your choice to choose the clothes, necessary for the practice of your activity