Alpinstore, specialized in the sale of outdoor sports articles offers you a wide range of road cycling shoes. For comfortable and pain-free rides, choose high-performance cycling shoes. We tell you more about this product ...
- The vamp, which is the part from the tip to the ankle, ensures optimal comfort, depending on the materials used. This can be classic with multi-panels but it is increasingly designed as a single-piece type to limit seams. For top-of-the-range shoe models, this upper is thermoformed with great lightness and a refined look.
- The tongue , which is essential for comfort, ensures optimal support. Ideally, it should not have any compression points.
- The shoe'stightening system can be different depending on the model. They are explained below.
- The heel is the part that transmits power to you. More or less rigid and reinforced, the heel must perfectly support your foot during the effort.
- The insole/shoe will also have a strong influence on comfort. The more your foot is wedged, the more efficient you will be.
As said before, the clamping system is different depending on the model. Please note that the most important clamp is the one located at the top of your foot since it is the most stressed.
- Velcro/Scratch bands: the most widely used system since it is light and easy to use. However, its effectiveness can be reduced over the years due to wear and tear.
- Laces: often used on mountain bike shoesThis system provides great comfort and a very pure look for the sportsman.
- The micrometric buckle: This one has a much more precise adjustment. Very resistant, it ensures an incredible life span.
- The BOA system : its uniform tightening ensures optimal comfort.
You now know everything about cycling shoes, so it's up to you to make the choice with our brands Vaude, Adidas and Five Ten.