To you, the hiker, walker, cyclist or runner who is not afraid to brave the rain and wind. This article will surely help you choose the perfect raincoat to practice your favorite activity while staying dry.
You dream of staying dry, but you don't understand the difference between a waterproof jacket and a waterproof jacket?
How to choose a waterproof jacket for my sport activity.
1. The characteristics of the perfect waterproof jacket for your trail, running or cycling outings.
- Waterproofing to fight moisture and stay dry.
- Breathable and light fabric to regulate body temperature for overall comfort.
- Windproof, because thanks to this function, the fabric will slow down the penetration of the wind in the garment and thus minimize the feeling of cold.
- Logo and/or reflective strips on the chest, back or sleeves for improved visibility.
- A hood with or without a tightening system to protect your head from the rain.
- The cut and length of the waterproof jacket must allow an optimal comfort in the movements and an optimal protection of the body.
- A waterproof zip closure.
- Inside and outside pockets to optimize the storage of necessary equipment.
2. Examples of technology used by brands to make your jacket waterproof.
The DRYVENT technology used by The North Face has been designed to offer waterproof, windproof and breathable properties to your jacket.
Primaloft Thermoplume is a material used by Millet that allows it to mimic the feel, aesthetics and suppleness of down, while havinghigh water-repellent propertiesthat ensure both wet and dry conditions.