Alpinstore offers a wide range of adult ski goggles for your comfort as you ski down the slopes. You'll find the best ski goggles for men, the right one for women or cheap children's ski masks. Indeed, the ski goggle is not only an accessory to look pretty but it is a real element of protection. Did you doubt it? We tell you more about it ....
- Protection of your them against UV rays, which are bad for your health. When you are in the mountains, the sun's rays are more aggressive and can even burn the conjunctiva of your eyes. Wearing a ski goggle is essential to keep good eyesight throughout your life.
- The protection of your eyes against foreign elements, which can occur without warning. When you ski peacefully, a pebble may appear stealthily and that is when the usefulness of your goggle comes into play. It is also important to note that poles are unwittingly subject to many blows. The mask can again, limit injuries by avoiding having the tip of the stick of your entourage, in the eye.
- Ideal visibility in all weathers is an essential factor in being able to ski every day during your holiday week even if the weather is bad/poor. The goggle will protect you from the cold to avoid unnecessary tears you might get when wearing sunglasses for example. Secondly, the ski goggle will protect your eyes from rain or snow by sliding it all the way down the screen. Whether it's windy, windy, snowy or rainy, it's no problem to go around the ski area.
- The clear and precise vision that improves the relief. Often, when the sun dazzles us or when the fog takes over, it is not easy to decipher the movement of the terrain. But with the ski goggle, which is often treated with an anti-fog and anti-scratch coating, you will see exactly where you put your skis. To do this find all our Oakley goggles which offers one of the best views on the market.
- Cylindrical: curved on 2 dimensions, this screen follows the shape of your face so that the image is not distorted.
- Spherical: curved in 3 dimensions, this screen follows the shape of your retina which allows you to have a wider field of vision.
The ski goggle comes with several categories of lenses, which represent the intensity of the light.
- Category 1: glass with a light tint that is perfect for days of very low light (fog for example).
- Category 2: glass with an intermediate tint that is ideal for cloudy weather.
- Category 3: Glass with a dark tint that allows you to see properly on sunny days.
- Category 4: glass with a very dark tint, often used on glaciers or at high altitudes.
But the screen of the ski mask can also be "photochromic". This system makes it possible to keep the same glass in case of good or bad weather. A significant time saving.
- Photochromic: screen that reacts to the luminosity and that will adapt according to the UV. As you can see, the glass becomes lighter in low light conditions and darkens when the sun is shining. Versatile, this type of mask can be kept on the eyes whatever the weather. Take a look at our Julbo masks to find the photochromic mask that suits your style.
There are also ski goggles with OTG screens, specially designed for eyeglass wearers .Allowing you to slide your goggles inside thanks to a much larger internal volume, the OTG ski goggle will make your descents more enjoyable with equipment adapted to everyone's needs.
When choosing your ski goggle, it is important to think about these few technical features:
- The foam of your goggle: this foam which covers the inner frame, can be single, double or triple. This means that the foam will be more or less thick. Note that the thicker it is, the more comfort will be optimal.
- The ventilation of the ski mask : even if there are anti-fog treatments, it is important to think about the ventilation of your mask. Indeed, the more it is ventilated, the less fogging will occur.
- Favour masks with anti-fog and anti-scratch treatmentand if you want to replace or simply change your style find our ski mask screens and choose your style.
For skiers looking for a lighter ski goggle for cross-country skiing, we offer a wide choice of cross-country ski visors.