The helmet is the essential equipment in many outdoor sports. It ensures your safety and protects your head effectively. This is why it is important for you to choose it carefully, according to the use you intend to make of it. Alpinstore offers you its selection of helmets through several models like Petzl climbing helmets
Criteria for selecting a good helmet
A good climbing helmet must meet a number of criteria to best protect your head:
- Have an optimal shape so that it doesn't get in the way while you're climbing.
- Comfortable: The comfort of the helmet is often given too little importance.
- safe and comfortable: If your climbing helmet is too tight on your head, climbing will quickly become tiring.
- be stable. Since it can save your life, its propensity to provide the necessary safety when climbing is essential.
- be able to withstand the fall of a five kilo weight from a height of two meters. This is how the climbing helmet is tested for its ability to withstand the energy generated by such a fall. In addition, the impact resistance of the climbing helmet is tested at the front, back and sides. Only after these tests have been passed is the climbing helmet marketed as a climbing helmet.
- A climbing helmet can also have adjustments for better customization: the length of the chin strap can be adjusted or the inner liner can be tightened, usually by means of a knob located at the back of the helmet above the neck.