The helmet is the essential equipment in many outdoor sports. It ensures your safety and protects your head effectively. This is why it is important for you to choose it carefully, according to the use you intend to make of it. Alpinstore offers you its selection of helmets through several models like Petzl climbing helmets
A good climbing helmet must meet a number of criteria to best protect your head:
- Have an optimal shape so that it doesn't get in the way while you're climbing.
- Comfortable: The comfort of the helmet is often given too little importance.
- safe and comfortable: If your climbing helmet is too tight on your head, climbing will quickly become tiring.
- be stable. Since it can save your life, its propensity to provide the necessary safety when climbing is essential.
- be able to withstand the fall of a five kilo weight from a height of two meters. This is how the climbing helmet is tested for its ability to withstand the energy generated by such a fall. In addition, the impact resistance of the climbing helmet is tested at the front, back and sides. Only after these tests have been passed is the climbing helmet marketed as a climbing helmet.
- A climbing helmet can also have adjustments for better customization: the length of the chin strap can be adjusted or the inner liner can be tightened, usually by means of a knob located at the back of the helmet above the neck.
Alpinstore offers all types of climbing helmets, including the best climbing helmets for men:
- Hard shell helmets: As the name suggests, these are climbing helmets with a rigid shell. The damping is done by a system of adjustment by straps inside the helmet.
- Helmets with a foam shell are often light in weight. In the event of an impact, the foam absorbs the energy in the same way as the deformable areas of a car during an accident.
Models: Boreo, Vector, Vapor
- Hybrid helmets combine the qualities of hard shell helmets and foam helmets. These climbing helmets have a thin rigid shell and a foam interior for better energy absorption.
Models: Sirocco, Vision, wall rider
There are also climbing helmets for women and small climbing helmets for children that have the same safety standards as those for adults.
It should be noted, however, that in the event of an impact or fall, the climbing helmet must be replaced immediately. This is a prerequisite for optimal safety!
Thanks to the best Petzl, Black Diamond, Mammut, Millet, Camp, ... Alpinstore accompanies you in your choice.