Alpinstore offers many models of racing/all moutain ski helmets for men, women and children. Even if today we see that wearing a ski helmet is more and more frequent, many people wonder if a ski helmet really protects? We tell you more ...
Winters go by and the number of people going down the slopes increases every year. Although the wearing of a ski helmet is on the increase, it is more and more recommended by professionals, who themselves wear them. Indeed, the ski helmet protects you from serious injuries such as blows to the neck for example. You will have the choice of the ski helmet you want since we have different models, ski helmet with visor? Or do you prefer a ski helmet without a visor so you can put on your own ski mask?
Be careful, just because you wear a ski helmet doesn't mean you're untouchable! A false sense of security can lead to riskier behaviour on the slopes. Although a ski helmet can prevent many injuries, it is not magic and can leave you traumatised in case of a shock. These shocks will obviously be less violent than if you go down the slopes without this protection.
Good reasons to wear a ski helmet :
- Protection: protect your head in case of a fall
- Safety: reducing impact injuries
- Comfort: keeps your head warm and dry.
- Adaptable to everyone: there are adjustable helmets for men and women as well as children.
Alpinstore offers helmets for all styles and all budgets, small prices can be found at Cairn which offers stylish helmets and maximum protection. For adventurers looking for a sober design and the best technologies, the top-of-the-range POC brand offers everything you need. To set off confidently on the slopes, choose to the quality of Julbo helmets.
The different parts :
- The tightening : The tightening straps are on each side and meet under your chin, allowing an excellent support of the ski helmet on your head. Often annoying, these straps are improved with a small protection, to avoid friction and therefore irritation.
- Size adjustment: Today, helmets are increasingly being presented with a tightening wheel (Click to Fit for example), located at the back of your head. This is very effective and allows optimal comfort with a helmet perfectly adjusted to your head circumference but also an incredible safety since the helmet will remain in place, even in case of a fall.
- The earpieces : The ski helmet's earpads can be hard or soft. Designed to be comfortable but also to guarantee optimal safety, these ears cover the entire contour of your ears and go down to the bottom of your cheeks. Don't panic, you'll hear everything your friends and family say! These earpieces are sometimes designed with a Bluetooth system allowing you to make or receive calls wherever you are.
- The shell: The shell is the most important part of the helmet since it is the one that will protect you in case of shock. Often ventilated to ensure optimal comfort, there are different types of shells. Your choice will obviously depend on the design, but also on the ventilation system and the technologies used for your safety.
- Mask attachment: On all models, a system is designed on the back of your helmet to hold your mask in place, whether it is on your eyes or on your head. Easy to use, this small accessory will make you the happiest skier/skier.
The different technologies :
It is important to know the technologies that can be used in the manufacture of ski helmets. Here are the three most common technologies on the market today:
- In Mold System: Allows two layers of the helmet to be joined together for significant weight savings. The lightness of this all-mountain ski helmet will then be the absolute advantage of this system.
- MIPS System: this technology reduces the force of the impact on your brain. Indeed, in case of shock or fall, the ski helmet absorbs the impact with a slight rotation of the shell. This system slides the skull along the shell to prevent the brain from hitting the skull.
- Koroyd System: This material absorbs energy at the moment of impact. This system thus makes it possible to increase the air inlets without compromising your protection. The racing/all mountain ski helmets with the Koryod system are light yet resistant.
The all-mountain ski helmet is an essential piece of equipment. This is why it is important to choose it carefully. Here, Alpinstore explains the main characteristics of a ski helmet:
- Its size: which is often adjustable, allows you to personalize your helmet and thus to offer you optimal comfort. Once in place, it should not move. If this is the case, then tighten it with the chin strap or the wheel at the back of your head. You can also differentiate between women's ski helmets, as the size is often between 55 and 58. As for men's ski helmets, the size is above size 58.
- Its weight : The majority of models have a so-called classic cut, representing less than 550g which seems reasonable in terms of weight.
- Its earpieces: soft or hard earpieces? the choice is simple since it will depend on your desires. Opt for hard earphones for optimal protection; opt for soft earphones for incredible comfort.
- Its ventilation: It is very hot when concentration is at its maximum. It is therefore important to have a helmet that is sufficiently ventilated to avoid sweating. Depending on the openings on the helmet shell, ventilation will be more or less strong.
You can also find a wide choice from helmet to visor for maximum comfort on the slopes.
The brands of our ski helmets Cébé, Bollé, Cairn, Giro, Julbo, K2, Marker, Oakley, Poc, Rossignol, Scott or Smith promise to meet your needs. We warn you: the designs, colors and incredible options are there for you ...