Irreproachable on the quality of our sports equipment, we offer you the best range of backpacks for men to run . But also models designed for women. You will be able to store your things in the different compartments and the bags are so light that you will not feel them when you do your trail. Alpinstore tells you more about trail running.
The word trail is a shortening of the term "trail running" since it means today, running on trails, in a natural environment. Trail running is simply running in the mountains. Since the 90's when the first races were organized, this sport has diversified since it can be practiced in different forms such as
- The Ultra trail: a foot race with a minimum distance of 100km. In Haute Savoie, for example, there is the Tour du Mont Blanc ultra trail.
- Skyrunning : a foot race in the high mountains which must exceed 2000m of altitude at least once during the course.
- Short and medium distance trail : a foot race which includes a maximum of 30km for short trails and which can go up to 65km with a minimum difference in altitude of 1000m and a maximum of 3000m, for medium distance trails.
- Snow trail : a foot race which takes place in the winter, in the snow
Whether they are French or not, these legends of the sport are known and recognized worldwide thanks to their incredible performances. If you are on this page, you probably know Mr. Kilian Jornet, the Spanish "ultra-terrestrial". This little guy who has already won everything, excels in all mountain disciplines.
The Frenchman François d'Haene who is very appreciated by the community is the double winner of the Mont Blanc ultra trail but also of the ultra trail world tour. Not forgetting Xavier Thevenard, who has won three races of over 100km as well as the Mont Blanc ultra trail.
As you may have understood, trail running is done in the mountains over long distances, so it is important to be well equipped. Whatever your activity and when the sun is out, it is very important to stay hydrated. On the other hand, it is difficult to stop regularly to drink, when the main goal is to cover kilometres.
An ideal trail backpack should therefore have :
- From a a special water pocket compartment. This is where the hydration pack comes into its own. Many backpacks are designed for this purpose and have a special compartment for the water bag. Take a look at Camelbak; Raidlight. Some brands like the ultimate direction trail bags even talk about a hydration vest.
- A a spacious main compartment to store your clothes, whether it's your spare t-shirt, a vest/sweater or a raincoat.
- To be even more efficient over long distances, there are backpacks withstretch pocketson the sides, which hold your water bottles. Once your hydration pouch is finished, don't panic, you still have the water bottles! The trail bags from the pioneer in this field Raidlight
- Adjustable strapsto reduce chafing on the shoulders and back. When the backpack is on your back, the straps are essential to ensure optimal comfort.
- A pocket on the waist belt to keep energy bars close to your hands. Feeling peckish? Everything is at hand with the pockets of the CMP trail bags for example.
If you don't want to burden your back with a bag, then opt for the Camelbak trail belt for example. This one, which is also very efficient, is ideal for shorter distances. It allows you to leave light, while taking with you, the bare necessities. Raidlight; Ultimate Direction; Scott; or CMP offers a wide selection of belts.
Alpinstore has told you everything about trail running, so don't hesitate to check out our equipment designed for this sport. Believe us, a good trail pack will give you a boost in performance, no matter how far you run, so make the right choice.