Alpinstore leaves you a large choice of mountaineering helmets. Indeed, in recent winter seasons we have noticed that hiking and mountaineering are sports that are increasingly practiced. Therefore, we wish to offer you quality equipment to avoid injuries when you are in the high mountains.
The hiking/mountaineering helmet is an essential element to take into account in your equipment. It is not negligible in case of a bad fall! Due to regular injuries, helmets have been redesigned by the brands to come with protection on the side and back of the helmet.
If you are a fan of ski touring or mountaineering and you don't have a helmet yet but you are determined to complete your equipment for optimal protection, you've come to the right place. You will be able to choose among our brands including Skitrab light mountaineering helmets that will protect you under all circumstances.
Choice of technology : There are two technologies on the market today. Each one has different advantages but both are efficient for climbing, hiking and mountaineering.
- The ABS plastic shell: its main advantage is robustness. As this technology is less expensive, it is perfectly suitable for children and occasional practitioners.
- The polycarbonate shell: this shell is known for its lightness as well as its good shock absorption. Ideal for regular practitioners.
Head circumference The head circumference : important when choosing your helmet, the head circumference is easily measurable. With the help of a flexible tape measure, go around your skull. Place it at the level of the forehead and go around it by passing through the bump at the back. The aim is to go to the largest part of your head.
Characteristics not to be forgotten The hiking / mountaineering helmet is suitable for your practice if and only if it respects the three main characteristics:
- Thesupport: whether it is by straps, a wheel or a notched plastic bar, the support must be perfect during your outing. Note that the adjustment system must be easy to use, especially with gloves on.
- Comfort : the helmet must cover your head perfectly but must not reveal any compression points, which could be unpleasant.
- Vision : It must be possible tosee upwards. Indeed, it is essential to look at what is waiting for you.
You now know the main characteristics of a climbing/mountaineering helmet so go for it. The protection of your head is the protection of your life so don't hesitate and go for our mountaineering helmets Camp , Dynafit, La Sportiva, Mammut, Scottor Skitrab for optimal safety.